gm selling buicks?

Now GM is thinking about having Martha Stewart sell their Buicks.

like why would anyone believe anything M Stewart said about their products.

that's like the pot calling the kettle black...

I guess gm is desperate for any type of help they can get,

even if it comes from an ex convict... didnt she do time in prison for stock insider fraud. who would ever believe any thing she say's.

Reply to
Jake

Because she can provide "inside tips" about them lol

Forum

Reply to
xblazinlv

Rev. Jim Baker went to prison and now he has a growing ministry again. People still believe in God.

Reply to
Al Bundy

If someone told you that there was a chance you could lose 40 million dollars are you just going to sit around and let it happen?

Reply to
pcbutts1

What about the Ford Bronco commercial featuring an excited OJ Simpson? It was to convey the impression that Broncos are so good you'd rather put a gun to your head than have someone pull you over and take you out of it. Also, watch for the new "Bronco DNA," with new Scotchguard=AE interior to combat that pesky blood splatter! Glove sold separately.

Reply to
James Goforth

Martha was not about to lose $40 million.. Her maximum downside on those stocks would have been a lot to me, but not to her...$60,000 or so, as I remember. Absolutely peanuts to her.

She broke the law and bragged about it. She got caught and paid the price. It is as simple as that.

If you know the law, and choose to break it, you dont have a bitch coming.

Reply to
<HLS

Snoop Dog & George Costanza are selling Chrysler 300's.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,672 91 Bonneville LE 304,656
Reply to
Harry Face

$60,000 is a lot to me too but my point is she knew something was going to happen. I know I would not sit around and do nothing. She took a chance and got caught. In my opinion that does not make her a bad person.

Reply to
pcbutts1

I never really followed the whole thing and have no opinion of her one way or the other. But did her manipulation of said $60,000 result in other people losing a bunch of money?

Reply to
James Goforth

No, but she used illegally obtained information to avoid the consequences of an investment gone sour then lied about it.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Why not ? She's a force in the modern market, I'd like to see cars sold on their value, engineering, and road feel . How about Mighty Martha on a Na scar track doing a buck ?

Reply to
451CTDS

Well they had Tiger Woods selling their dumb SUV. Why a dumb SUV? Well look under and observe the limited ground clearance under the rear axle. Every time I follow one I feel sorry for those who buy it thinking a high body also means greater ground clearance.

I feel much better for rear clearance with my '95 Concord. In fact I've had my Concord on a very bumpy logging road a few times. All that bumped lightly a few times was my spare tire well.

Reply to
Spam Hater

So Bush put her away for a minor trading infraction.

So what should Bush's penalty be for all the lives he trashed?

Reply to
Spam Hater

He should be put into a bag with Martha.

Reply to
James Goforth

Why not. Martha has quite a following and might sell a few cars for them.

By the way, she was not convicted for stock insider trading/fraud (they never proved that), She was convicted for obstruction and false testimony (over something that never was proven to happen). Yea, figure that one out. Our justice system at it's best.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Bush has nothing to do with the enforcement of SEC laws (that existed long before Bush). The prosecutor ("Spitzer" I think) is a Democrat, BTW.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Martha Steward is just at the wrong place at the wrong time. There were plenty of insider trading and accounting irregularity in the dot com boom times. They just want to get someone famous to show they are doing something. It also doesn't hurt that Martha is a she rather than a he in a man's world up in the CEO circle. Is more or less a public relations thing kind of like FEMA with hurricane Katrina.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Lee