GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February, Nissan only moves 67 Leafs

Page 1 of 2
GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February, Nissan only moves 67 Leafs http://tinyurl.com/4u5l3yk

--
"Your first, last, and only line of defense-a Cohort of Roman Heavy
Infantry"

This may more have to do with the confidence and trust people have in GM than electrical cars as such.
Al major manufacturers are coming out with electrical cars and GMs electrical car is not an electrical car because it is a hybrid and how can that be a step in gaining peoples trust about GMs ability on making and selling electrical cars of beginning with not telling the truth and calling a hybrid an electrical car?
Not a good start and the sales figures proof that.
It is early days in this area but it is obvious that GM does not have much trust and why should that be a surprise?
http://www.cleantechblog.com/2011/02/oil-price-soars-%E2%80%93-electric-car-sales-zoom.html
On 3/4/11 10:11 AM, Bjorn wrote:

http://www.cleantechblog.com/2011/02/oil-price-soars-%E2%80%93-electric-car-sales-zoom.html
The production vol. for the first Qtr. is 300 per month, all the volts produced to date are sold. So whats you point.
Tom wrote:

That he's a fool? Anybody who can tie their shoes knows that Volts are back-ordered for at least a year's worth of production. Bjorn and Higgins are Shemp and Larry. hls is Curly. Ciao!

Bad mouthing me because I call a spade a spade?? If they were backordered, then why werent they delivered??
On 3/4/11 2:31 PM, hls wrote:

DUH what does backordered mean

You know what it means as well as I do. Why werent they delivered?
On 3/4/11 9:28 PM, hls wrote:

Because they didnt exist yet!!!!!!!!!

Apparently their manufacturing is not up to speed.. That is why these things dont exist.
On 3/5/11 8:06 AM, hls wrote:

seriously the planned production for the first qtr was 300 per month local paper had a article of one owner who picked on up last week it was the 883rd volt produced, he also stated he used no gas the first week and traveled 250 miles, turn down your hatred for a few days and see whats happening, you and your minions try to turn everthing about GM into a bad thing let it rest you will begin to see the sunny side someday

I dont have any "minions", Tom.
I believe GM has screwed us faithful customers for decades, and I think it is still doing so.. The Volt is just a symbol of a company that, even after being saved by taxpayer money, is still basically a parasite.
Have you ordered a Volt yet?
On 3/5/11 3:41 PM, hls wrote:

No dont want one but did buy a 2011 chev cruze

Fair enough, and I hope you get good performance and durability from it.
We are in a very difficult political situation regarding energy, taxes, and a lot of other things.
IMO, we have to be very careful how we dance to the music we are being played.
I have never seen such unrest at home, in the middle east, and in the entire world.
I have made a lot of mistakes but am certainly not stupid. The years that follow will certainly see a lot of major successes and a few major failures.
mvh hls
On 3/6/11 6:17 PM, hls wrote:

with the way our own home grown politicians are running things for the last 20 years I am glad in am on the far side of the hill would not look fwd to this country in the next 20 years at the current rate. The corruption in govt and catering to special interest groups and calling it that this is what the American people want it is scary
The competition so far of sold vehicles
Volt: 281 February 321 January 326 December
Leaf: 61 February 87 January 19 December
It is interesting to note that GM does not come with a brand name until fourth place last year.
And Ford is in third place.
It will take some time for the Volt to make it onto this list if it is still around.
Car Brand      Sales 2010      Sales 2009     Difference 1 Toyota      5,496,346      5,128,647     7.2% 2 Volkswagen     4,407,062     3,972,839     10.9% 3 Ford     4,320,792     3,901,315     10.8% 4 Chevrolet    3,592,600     2,939,026     22.2% 5 Honda     3,152,197     3,017,491     4.5% 6 Nissan     3,088,298     2,621,882     17.8% 7 Hyundai    2,931,325     2,608,220     12.4% 8 Fiat     1,853,282     1,954,250     -5.3% 9 Renault    1,668,615     1,481,045     12.7% 10 Kia     1,593,602     1,297,555     22.8%
It is interesting to note that GM does not come with a brand name until fourth place last year.
And Ford is in third place.
******** Ford has either done an excellent job of improving quality, or it is pulling the wool over lots of people's eyes. GM is supposedly much better now too.. Hope it is real.

And note that Chevrolet increased 22%
The Volt will surely increase its sale by a lot of % this year compared to 2010.

And note that Chevrolet increased 22%
The Volt will surely increase its sale by a lot of % this year compared to 2010.
********\ Mathematically, when you are starting with nothing, it isnt hard to increase your percentages enormously with just a few sales.

Is the Volt possibly not the brand name?
It is possibly included in the numbers for Chevrolet?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt