GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February, Nissan only moves 67 Leafs

Oh, I dont know just how they derived those figures, Bjoern. If the Volt actually sells 300 per month, that is only 3600 per year. Not a very big showing, IMO.

Reply to
hls

Not offical but i think production will increase monthly to a planned

12000 this year and 25000 next year. I think all 12000 this year are sold. i did hear they were going to try to increase this year, my opinion is they are waiting on feedback before increasing. Many thing happen when general public get their hands on them. Right now they are sold in a limited market area. Depending on the rise in gas prices this will be a break even car or a money maker. The Prius didnt sell all that well when it first came out but look at it now. i think that toyota got it right with the Prius and the volt should compete very well, i read today the 2nd edition will be 10K cheaper, I dont think an all electric will do it. I read that one test drive in cold weather and the heater on etc. the all electric leaf got like 25 miles on a charge.
Reply to
Tom

.

om...

I like to get an all electric when I buy a new car.

A Hybrid has all the same problems and more than an ordinary car.

All those little things that can and do go wrong on a combustion engine are still there in a hybrid.

I will keep my old combustion car around anyway but stop using it for shorter trips.

It may become a problem if it is not used much because machines that do not move acquire problems of their own but it varies.

I have a excavator I have had for six years and it never gives me any problems.

I have three tractors I use occasionally and there are always something wrong with them and especially after standing a few months without use.

It really does not matter that the things going wrong tend to be small and easy to fix once you know what is wrong but if it means the machine does not move then at the time it is a major issue and I can not do what I intended.

I have an electric bike which has problems after standing around without being used too.

It seems to be similar to muscles you do not use much they seem to wither away.

I have an old Volvo I do not use much either but it never has any problems so different manufacturers seem to be able to do things right.

Reply to
Bjorn