GM set to announce Chevy Volt pricing

GM set to announce Chevy Volt pricing http://tinyurl.com/26t2326
General Motors Co. will announce pricing on the Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric car Tuesday during the Plug-In 2010 conference
in San Jose, Calif.
The exact price of arguably GM's most anticipated new vehicle, which goes on sale late this year, has been a closely guarded secret, but the Volt is expected to cost less than $40,000 before a $7,500 tax credit. GM executives hope the Volt will transform the public's perception about GM.
The Volt, which will get up to 40 miles on electric power alone, will have a range of 300 miles on its gasoline engine. The Volt's engine kicks in after its battery is drained by about 70 percent to sustain the battery's remaining charge, which will keep the car running for several hundred miles.
Earlier this month, GM announced an eight-year, 100,000-mile warranty on the Chevrolet Volt's new lithium-ion battery. That's three years longer than GM's standard powertrain warranty.
The vehicle will be sold initially in Michigan, California and Washington, D.C., late this year -- as well as Austin, Texas, and New York City.
Other launch markets -- New Jersey, Connecticut and the rest of Texas -- will begin receiving Volts in early 2011.
--
Service Guarantees Citizenship

vehicles in miles per tankful are so small. I've look at a lot of European cars and their range tend to be in the high 500s to low 700s, but it seems the average American is happy to put up with a range of between 300 to 400 miles between fill ups.
--
Clive

On 26/07/2010 8:18 PM, Jim_Higgins wrote:

I wonder how much this will cost taxpayers...plenty I am sure..
--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?

You can bet on that.. In addition to the buddy buddy loans from your president, he will probably buy thousands of these crapboxes for the gummint.
Bend over, grease up