GM Still Sells 1 out 4 of all Cars sold in the US

Wow. New level of utter nonsense, Mike.

The first Japanese cars sold in this country were only imported a handful of years before they were redesigned into EXCELLENT small cars, for their time. The Datsun 510 and Toyota Corona come to mind. The former a BMW 1600 on the cheap and the latter a mini-version of a U.S. sedan. I remember when these cars first came out and they were the best small cars available in this country. Detroit totally ignored them until a gas crisis hit and then they came out with garbage like the Vega, Pinto, Gremlin, and Chevette.

The Korean brands were, if anything, even quicker studies. Seems like everybody learns fast except certain complacent domestics.

Reply to
Charles U' Farley

That's what I think. I wouldn't pay $200 for a rear window, and I wouldn't own a car that had a piece of glass in it anywhere that cost $800 to replace. That's insane. Knocking it down from $800 to $400 is just a joke. They should have started at $2000 so they could have knoocked it down to $1000. It's robbery.

Reply to
Joe