Gm Theftlock

Blew a fuse on my 99 Jimmy on a cold canadian morning. Silly me tried to unlock it. I bought it used a year ago so I thought it might be the default
code. It`s now locked so solid that even the dealer says they have to take it out to fix the problem (can get the unlock codes displayed with 2-3 key presets). Approx $200 Can. Its cheaper to get an aftermarket installed. Does anyone have any other ideas before I suck it up and pay for my mistake? Jeff