GM To Drop Suburban??

My neighbor across the street has 2003 GMC Yukon XL. Friday night he told me GM plans to drop the Chevy Suburban but keep the GMC Yukon.
I haven't heard of any such plans. Anybody else hear it ?
========Harryface ======== 4}. 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE _~_~_~_300,079 miles_~_~_
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 A Quarter Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
_~_~ GM BABY ! _~_~_
===========================~~~The Former Fleet ~~~ 5}. 89 Cavalier Z 24 convertible 3}. 78 Holiday 88 coupe 2}. 68 LeSabre convertible 1}. 73 Impala sedan ==========================

and Buick cars (plus Camaros and Firebirds) and the Olds division lately. Way to go GM!
ahmet

Not here, I can assure you that they're going to keep chugging out the Suburban though.
I very much doubt it. The Suburban is a very good selling vehicle with a large profit margin, and with the demise of the Excursion and nothing to match it in the Dodge line-up, I think we'll all be seeing Suburbans for some time to come.
What I would like to see is a Duramax diesel option on the Suburban and in the H2, as well as smaller diesels for the mid-sized and half-ton pick-ups. I think GM is misjudging the popularity of diesels in smaller trucks.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor

That makes no sense at all. The Suburban outsells the Yukon XL and is a big money maker for GM's Chevrolet brand.
If anything, the existence of the entire GMC line alongside the Chevies is what makes little sense.
John