GM to sell used cars on eBay

"General Motors said Friday that 3,900 auto dealers who sell GMs Certified Used Cars will list their entire inventories on eBay Motors http://easyurl.net/eBayMotors according to industry
publication Automotive News.
"The listings will be free for dealers, the report said, and could radically alter the used-car business..."
MSNBC http://easyurl.net/GM_eBay

CarDomain Car Blog http://easyurl.net/CarDomain
..While this is a groundbreaking deal that I'm sure will work out fabulously for both eBay and GM if you're a "certified dealer," you don't even have to pay listing fees I predict that, as usual, it's ultimately the little-guy consumer who's going to get the shaft. Think about it: once the deal takes effect, anyone looking for a Chevy is going to have to wade through pages and pages of used-car-lot filler before ever finding a car being sold by an actual person. As for the little- guy seller who has to shoulder the increasingly hefty eBay fees that the dealers will be exempt from, how is he or she supposed to compete with a fancy dealership showcasing a whole fleet of cars on professionally-designed auction ads with the help of an arsenal of whiz-bang features? While I realize it's lame to wax all nostalgic about the early days of eBay, it's undeniable that the site really used to be more of a grassroots-level marketplace, where you could score cool and unique stuff for next to nothing, including cars. Even if the days of the solid 500-dollar eBay runner-driver aren't quite over, I really get the feeling that with this deal, eBay is turning its back on the enthusiast market that made it what it is. No wonder the gearheads are all going to Craigslist!
In my opinion Craigs List has sold out to the dealer association as well. They just removed the button that allows you to look at private owned cars and dealer owned cars before entering the pages. Now you have to do a search at the top after entering the pages to eliminate the numerous dealer ads. I would like to see someone come out with a web site: "FOR SALE BY PRIVATE OWNER ONLY !!" I also hope that eBay looses its customer base because as we all know most people do not want to buy from a dealer and pay out all the extra money they charge. The bigger they are the harder they fall.