GM won't subsidize Delphi workers' pay

GM won't subsidize Delphi workers' pay http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060422/BUSINESS01/604220310/1014
-- your best, last and only line of defense-a Cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060422/BUSINESS01/604220310/1014
Good. They should not subsidize them

Delphi may strike which would shutdown GM. If GM can get a court order preventing the strike it may save them and half the city from more economic depression which will give GM some breathing room but force Delphi workers to either walk off and quit or take a pay cut. Good attorneys will be needed though to fight those old outdated 1930s union laws/rules. Those old union rules are one of the main things that have been strangling the US auto industry. Those high wages and benefits can no longer be afforded in a global economy unless those rules are also applied globally....that wont happen so its no longer an even playing field. No wonder the Japanese are capitalizing they dont have the same overhead.

The Delphi folks may believe, with justification, that they have irretrievably lost it all and they then have nothing to loose by striking and using the Sampson Option. If the courts order them back to work they, in a kamikaze frame of mind, will probably ignore the courts.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060422/BUSINESS01/604220310/1014
economic
needed
Another ignoramus heard from....
I suspect that GM would love to be tied to "1930s union laws/rules", right about now.
Dave

Personally, I'd prefer a company of Marines