GMC Jimmy Engine Codes

My 1998 GMC Jimmy has the service engine light on. I took to an auto parts place and they said the codes are PO 171 system lean bank 1 and PO 174 system lean bank 2. What does this mean and how to I go about fixing it.

Thanks

Reply to
Tim or Linda

According to my Cav service manual could be low fuel pressure, MAP sensor, front O2 Sensor, water in fuel, Vacuum leak......

Reply to
BillW

This could be a number of things, but one possibility is that I believe the central-point fuel injection system on these engines can be prone to injector clogging - that could be the cause of the lean condition.

Reply to
Robert Hancock