GMC Jimmy Stalls and is burning WAY too much gas

I have a 91 Jimmy 4WD with the 3.4L V6. The car starts excellently and purrs and drives fine...for a while. After driving at highspeeds, if i stop (at an intersection or something), the car stalls quietly. It starts again fine, but the same problem reoccurs at the next stop. Also, in the last 2 days it has burned 1/2 a tank after driving about

17 miles or so. Are these problems related?

I replaced the spark plugs, dist. cap, spark wires and pcv valve a few months ago.

The two theories i have are the EGR valve and/or the ignition coil. I have heard similar problems that get solvency from these two things, but i never hear of the massive fuel consumption. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is my only mode of transportation. Thanks in advance!

-phil

Reply to
phil4881

You must be given to extreme exageration Phil. You cannot burn half a tank in 17 miles unless: A: Your Jimmy is on fire or B: You have a two gallon tank. If one of the above is not true, then you have a bad leak. And such a leak could cause the driveability issue that you state. Stop with the theories. Start with the facts and true observations.

Reply to
Al Bundy

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1139621325.700605.85070 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Sounds like a fuel injection problem to me. You don't have a "Vortec" engine by any chance, do you?

Reply to
Conan Ford

Are you really al bundy?

Reply to
Phildo

I've lived and I've loved ... later on I even married.

Reply to
Al Bundy

How are Peg, Bud, Kelly and Buck? :-=DE

Reply to