gmc savava ignition problem when raining

I have 98 GMC Savana van 5.7 V8 when it rains even if van is parked then I drive it runs really bad. It has almost no acceleration and seems like it would stall. The engine light goes on and sometime misfires. When it stops raining about the next day it runs fine.

Tom snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
THOMAS A MELLINGER

Go to a dark shop, open the hood & taking a spray bottle "mist" around the plug wires with water. If the wire's are going bad you'll see some neat effects. (good cheap starting point).

Otherwise we'll need a bit more info, Last tune up, integrity of wiring harness, mileage and type of use of Van, etc, etc

Reply to
Full_Name

Go have the codes read out and they will indicate where the problem is. You could spend a lot of money replacing parts when the computer can tell you where the problem is...

Reply to
Woody

I got the codes now I need to know what to do next change crank psition sensor? plug wires?

P0102 MAF sensor circuit low freq P0300 Engine misfire detected P0304 cylinder 4 misfire

Help

Reply to
Tom M