GMC Suburban door latch fix?

Maybe somebody can help me out here. I've got a 97 Suburban K2500, the drivers door latch went inoperative. I took it apart and of course a teeny circlip had come off the pushrod from the outside handle that holds on the
bent push rod that goes into the inside latch.
I did a fix for the circlip, but cannot get the pushrod back into its receiver. I can't find any pics of this part of the car either. And of course the dealer says over $250 to fix. Any thoughts.