GMdude is the best

Thanks GMdude. You da man!
Tried your first recommendation on my stuck door. Did not have a red plastic tube to fit the can of WD40 so just sprayed as much as I could
inside the door with the push button depressed. First time. No change. Second time. Voila! Door opened. Sprayed the heck out of it again just for safe keeping. Works like a charm.
Thanks a heck of a lot for coming to my rescue. There's no substitute for experience. Thanks for sharing yours with the rest of us.
No problem Harry.