Goodyear belt

Last week I installed a new Goodyear Gator belt on my 98 GMC Jimmy. I did this not only because it was looking like a new one was needed but I wanted get any repairs out of the way before I had rotator cuff surgey. I replaced it the day before surgery and it started to make belt squeal . It did it went I turned the wheel. I thought it was the power streeing pump but did not have time to mess with it.

Today I took it to a shop because I can not do anything with my arm for a couple months. They charged me $44.00 to install a new belt. I was told Goodyear belts are having problems with that. I took the belt back to Autozone and they too said allot have come back with squeal problems. I did get a full refund but still had to pay for someone else to install it.

Reply to
Tim

Well, $44 doesn't sound too bad for the belt and labor to install it.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I like the Gators that I put in the GA and GP.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

I agree $44 was not that much, I did the repair one week before and the cost of the belt was $26. My problem is I just changed it a week ago before surgery and now due to a defective belt I had to pay someone to make this simple repair. I even had changed the tension pully at the same time.

Reply to
Tim

A bummer for sure. S*** happens sometimes though.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I've installed a couple of Gator belts on different vehicles and have been completely happy with them. Quitest belts I ever used. I wonder if Goodyear has some bad batches out there????

Reply to
John Horner