Got brakes?

DETROIT — General Motors Co. is recalling more than 4,000 of its 2012 Chevrolet Sonic subcompact cars to check for missing brake pads. Some Sonics could be missing an inner or outer brake pad, which could
increase stopping distance. GM said there are no known crashes or injuries related to the issue. The recall involves 4,296 of GM's 2012 Sonics sold in the U.S. Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant, which makes Sonics for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Dealers will inspect front brakes on Sonics for missing inner or outer pads and install new pads, if necessary. Customers affected by the recall will receive dealer letters beginning Jan. 14.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-cars-to-check-for-missing-brakes/#ixzz1i4sDrZYz
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-cars-to-check-for-missing-brakes/#ixzz1i4sDrZYz
Union labor at it's finest....
--
Steve W.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 30/12/2011 8:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ooops. Union made.
--
Corrupt USA, Euro Bank and Military Regime, funding both sides of
terrorism for profit and debt-tax slavery.
On 12/30/2011 10:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Hello, Scrap-It? I've got about 4,000 pairs of brake pads for the Chevrolet Sonic, 2012 model. Brand new, how much will you give me for them?"
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Interestingly enough those kinds of things become obsolete when there are generators in every wheel and braking will generate energy.
In general a lot of things will change and become obsolete.
In general then general motors is becoming obsolete.
Add pictures here
βœ–

True. On a real electric car that is well designed the brakes would be the motor first as a generator then using power. Applying physical brakes only when the car is off and at rest.
We used to use these DC servo motors some 20 years ago on CNC equipment, they could move tons and were no bigger than a cake pan. Put one on each tire and no transmission, just a computer control and less to go wrong and 4 wheel drive. I see electric cars doing this in the longer term.
But GM idiots still have gear boxes for brains.
--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-cars-to-check-for-missing-brakes/#ixzz1i4sDrZYz
This news link was a bit lame, Ed... not your fault, certainly. But were the pads never installed, or did they just belch out the friction material and leave the backing in contact with the disc???
More crap from GM.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 30/12/2011 8:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I hear they call them Sonic as they go sonic b00m when they can't stop in time.
--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.
βœ–
and 125 LB-FT of torque at 3800RPMs. I found it to have explosive performance and still gets 40 MPG. You can also get a 1.4 liter ECOTech Turbo Charged Engine." " It has a very short turning radius [34.5 Ft. turn diameter], the electric steering gives a sporty feel at highway speeds and is very nimble in parking lots and other tight places. All this adds to the astounding performance." " The "Inferno Orange" color and the hatch back styling with the wide track stance, is bold and sporty." " Interior is very well laid out with all controls within easy reach and the interment layout is visually stunning and well laid out. The light blue digital display is also a plus." " The most impressive thing about the Sonic is the base price of $14,995 yet still getting into a nicely loaded one for under $18,000"
(Chevy logo)
"Come and see a new 2012 SONIC today."
Add pictures here
βœ–