Grease fitting size

Yesterday I tried to grease the various fittings on my 2004 Express van. Working with the van up on ramps I couldn't see the fittings and tried to go by feel as I did on the old van and my car. My trusty old grease gun did not want to lock onto the fittings and the grease just pushed around the fitting and not through it. Do the newer vehicles have different size fittings or did I just not connect ? TIA DFB

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Most newer cars don't have fittings...

Reply to
Woody

True, enough, but this is a full sized van and it does have them. I can feel them and see them but can't see them when I can get into a position to get the gun on them. Thanks anyway. The shop manual doesn't indicate any special service tool for them.

Reply to
MisterSkippy

You just got to get on them at the right angle and push like hell. I occassionally have trouble on two of mine. I was thinking of putting the extended legnth fitting on

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,116 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

And don't try to grease the bleeder screws as I saw someone struggle with when I was younger and a "know it all" borrowed my grease gun.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thank you! That made my morning. The bleeder screws are the ones on the radio to bleed off the excess sound, right?

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Thanks. Good idea about the extended fittings.

Reply to
MisterSkippy