Grease fitting size

Yesterday I tried to grease the various fittings on my 2004 Express van. Working with the van up on ramps I couldn't see the fittings and tried to go by feel as I did on the old van and my car. My trusty old
grease gun did not want to lock onto the fittings and the grease just pushed around the fitting and not through it. Do the newer vehicles have different size fittings or did I just not connect ? TIA DFB
Add pictures here
āœ–
Most newer cars don't have fittings...

Add pictures here
āœ–

can feel them and see them but can't see them when I can get into a position to get the gun on them. Thanks anyway. The shop manual doesn't indicate any special service tool for them.
Add pictures here
āœ–
You just got to get on them at the right angle and push like hell. I occassionally have trouble on two of mine. I was thinking of putting the extended legnth fitting on
Harryface ŲæŲ 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,116 miles
Add pictures here
āœ–
Harry Face wrote:

And don't try to grease the bleeder screws as I saw someone struggle with when I was younger and a "know it all" borrowed my grease gun.
Add pictures here
āœ–

Thank you! That made my morning. The bleeder screws are the ones on the radio to bleed off the excess sound, right?
Add pictures here
āœ–
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:08:08 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Thanks. Good idea about the extended fittings.
Add pictures here
āœ–