Grinding and grabbing ABS when wet

We been having a lot of rain and when the car sits for a few hours or longer the brakes make a grinding noise and they tend to grab . This will go away after a few stops. I have a 2001 Buick Century with 18k. Thank you

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Sounds like a problem I have once in a while. What causes it? Thanx.

Doug

Reply to
doug

springs and loose or binding brake components. After 2-3 applications your brakes are dry.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

"doug" a écrit dans le message de news:E snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Me too..at the rear, winter morning mostly and today at 3 degree celcius and raining. Comes back to normal after 3 to 5 stops.

Weird.

Reply to
Fastload

Check for rear brakes out of adjustment and leaking wheel cylinders.

Reply to
hyundaitech

i agree. My suburban always grabs the first stop on a rainy day. My Celicas do as well..

Reply to
Celica Dude