Grinding and grabbing ABS when wet

We been having a lot of rain and when the car sits for a few hours or longer the brakes make a grinding noise and they tend to grab . This will go away
after a few stops. I have a 2001 Buick Century with 18k. Thank you
To some degree this can be normal, as rust gathers quickly on the front rotors(assuming that's where you are feeling this) this causes the grinding and grabbing in the front rotor. Now there is another condition in the rear shoes binding on the first few apps., when wet.

longer

Sounds like a problem I have once in a while. What causes it? Thanx.
Doug

Me too..at the rear, winter morning mostly and today at 3 degree celcius and raining. Comes back to normal after 3 to 5 stops.
Weird.
Check for rear brakes out of adjustment and leaking wheel cylinders.

longer
springs and loose or binding brake components. After 2-3 applications your brakes are dry.
Rey
I have to differ with you here, moisture on the rear shoes can cause slight grabbing on start up, this has been a common condition for years with the ford ranger pick ups and some fwd gm cars, there are even updated brake shoes to try and reduce the condition.

away
return
your

slight
i agree. My suburban always grabs the first stop on a rainy day. My Celicas do as well..