Grrr....Head Unit Problems.

The Head Unit in my 1993 Buick LeSabre has stopped working. I've checked it. I think the Euphemism is, 'Stick a fork in it.'
So I bought a Sony CDX-M630 to replace it, the mounting kit, but could not
find a wiring adaptor ANYWHERE and I need to get my car put back together today. So I hard wired it. (Please don't hit me.) EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT. Just no sound. From any speaker. Reset the head unit. No Sound. Faded, balanced, bassed and trebled. No sound. Like I said, it all works, just no sound.
On an odd note, the head unit was a DELCO-LOC II Dated 1996. So I assume this was not this car's first head unit.
I'm going to check all my wiring. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.
Thanks, Nate.
Nathan Lauver wrote:

Do you really mean "head unit" or do you mean radio/cd player? The Sony is not a "head unit", it is a stand alone radio/cd player. Feeding it's 23 watts into an oem amp will burn the amp out. How did you wire it?
I replaced the Whole Radio CD Player Factory Unit with the sony and a mounting kit to help fill the gaping hole. I used this to help me hardwire the system all together. Cut off factory plugs, PROPERLY wired all the car wires to the provided harness. Even the antenna comes up when you turn the mode to 'Tuner'. I'm so lost.
-Nathan

Guess the link would help, eh?
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year 91-93&make=Buick&model=Lesabre&ID236&type=Stereo

Nathan Lauver wrote:

Well... it's either wrong wiring, bad wiring, bad speakers, or bad Sony. You can test the speakers and spkr wiring with a 9 volt battery. Here is a link to a gm wiring diagram pdf: http://www.installdr.com / http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/GM-Wiring.pdf
Took it back and got another. This one works. Thanks for the help!

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know what you found. Paul