GRrrr,, 3 week old radiator leaks

Well the radiator I just installed 3 weeks ago is leaking on the bottom of both tanks just like the one I bought in February 2004 did.
SPI Radiator - the Chevy Dealer warranted it, now the replacement for
the replacement is leaking ! Can't see from where it leaks but both rubber saddles on the radiator pan fill up with antifreeze.
What the hell is going on with these cheapo parts? Damn SPI Canadian made crapola !
The original lasted 13 years, # 2 lasted 11 months, # 3 lasted 23 days.
Maybe I'll buy a Mitsubishi radiator instead !
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Get a Delphi/Harrison radiator you cheap ass!
Dennis Smith
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:13:24 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThiSyahoo.com (Dennis Smith) wrote:

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

Nice try Skippy but if you had a clue you'd know why I said that.
Dennis Smith
LOL! He obviously hasn't followed the Harry threads.
says...

There's no doubt that Skippy is a newbie around here!
Dennis Smith
I bet your car was made in Canada .. or atleast some of the original parts were :) Sometimes, you just don't have any luck with parts. Hell, I went through 6 alternators from Napa once. They finally found out that the place doing their alternators had a bad batch of parts ... and I was one of the lucky folks making sure they were bad :(
Well the radiator I just installed 3 weeks ago is leaking on the bottom of both tanks just like the one I bought in February 2004 did.
SPI Radiator - the Chevy Dealer warranted it, now the replacement for the replacement is leaking ! Can't see from where it leaks but both rubber saddles on the radiator pan fill up with antifreeze.
What the hell is going on with these cheapo parts? Damn SPI Canadian made crapola !
The original lasted 13 years, # 2 lasted 11 months, # 3 lasted 23 days.
Maybe I'll buy a Mitsubishi radiator instead !
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Hehehehehe, those radiators are made around the corner from where I work, in Stratford, Ontario.
http://www.spectrapremium.com/network/index.html
Steve
Well the radiator I just installed 3 weeks ago is leaking on the bottom of both tanks just like the one I bought in February 2004 did.
SPI Radiator - the Chevy Dealer warranted it, now the replacement for the replacement is leaking ! Can't see from where it leaks but both rubber saddles on the radiator pan fill up with antifreeze.
What the hell is going on with these cheapo parts? Damn SPI Canadian made crapola !
The original lasted 13 years, # 2 lasted 11 months, # 3 lasted 23 days.
Maybe I'll buy a Mitsubishi radiator instead !
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:41:19 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

The last radiator I bought was from an online source. It was for my 88' Bird. I don't think I paid more than $120 including shipping. Unlimited lifetime warrenty. All metal to boot.
http://www.radiator.com /