GTO Sales article.

Page 2 of 2
| I have a 04 GTO and love its performance and interior comfort. As far as | outside looks, it looks like a Saturn. I cant call it ugly but it sure
| doesn't have any GTO looks or macho appearance. I guess it passes of as a | sleeper as most people don't realize it is a muscle car until they hear it | or get in a race with it. There is no doubt about its ability to kick ass | though. | | I think the guy from oz hit the nail on the head in that GM should have sold | it as what it is, a Holdon Monaro and it would have sold well. If they want | a GTO then they should design a retro looking GTO. They can use the Monaro | drive train and build a retro body for it. | | Just my opinion | DEC |
I wonder how it would show against the new Dodge Magnum SRT-8 with 430 horsepower...(80 more horses then the GTO...but about 400 pounds heavier as well)?
Is the supercharged SRT-8 Hemi really slated for production? As it sits now the Magnum RT Hemi is 340hp
James C. Reeves wrote:

Don't know actually. The local Dodge dealer web site has it listed...but I haven't been up there lately to check it out. The RT probably wouldn't match up with the GTO though since the Magnum is several hundred pounds heavier then the GTO.
| Is the supercharged SRT-8 Hemi really slated for production? As it | sits now the Magnum RT Hemi is 340hp | | James C. Reeves wrote: | > I wonder how it would show against the new Dodge Magnum SRT-8 with | 430 | > horsepower...(80 more horses then the GTO...but about 400 pounds | > heavier as well)? |

They didn't get the economics right on this one. It's too expensive. They should've offered the 350HP as they do now, but as the optional engine, while they should've also offered a lower-priced V8 as the standard engine. Also they should've brought it to Canada. It's a test bed for affordability throughout North America. If they could've economically brought the GTO into Canada, with its lower dollar, and higher crash safety standards, then they could've easily brought it into the US to its higher gross margins. Canadians buy proportionately more domestic brands than the Americans do.
Yousuf Khan

That's a real problem with the GTO. All us old school Mucsle Car boys were expecting a Judge, and all we got was a Tempist. When you looked at a Trans Am, it looked like it was going to suck you in, chew you up, and spit you out. The GTO's used to have that same look. The new one is lacking it. Looks to much like a GP or Grand Am.
Dont get me wrong, in a year or two I would like to buy one, hopefully it will have the looks up to speed by then. Charles
Not have enough "show" to match the "go" is a big problem.
John
I was thinking that the price of gas today doesn't help sell performance cars in general. I have to admit thinking about a Prius... Ugh!!!
Gas prices would have to get a _lot_ worse for me to consider one of those!