Hard gear selector button on 95 Regal

I've always had a hard time pushing down the gear selector button on my 95 Regal, mainly after it's been parked.

Reply to
LaVirtuosa

Val, is it definitely the gear selector release *button* itself that is hard to push, or is the actual problem that the gear selector lever is hard to shift out of park once the release button is pressed? If it's the latter, it may be that you parked on an incline without setting the parking brake, which can make it hard to shift out of park. It doesn't take much of an incline, either.

When you park the car, try putting on the parking brake *before* you shift into park, and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Goldberg