hard start after intake gasket replacement 98 Jimmy

98 Jimmy. Replaced the intake gasket and it now starts hard. At first I thought the timing was off so I rechecked the distributator and it is right on. After it starts it runs great only thing is getting it
started. It sounds like a back fire and like it is out of time but like I said I check that.
I got a code for TPS and lean both banks. I change the TPS and that code has not come back up. I wonder if it could be plugs and wires making it hard to start and not enough spark and thus I am getting a gas build up in the cylinders.
Any other ideas.
TIA
tim wrote:

Check for a vacuum leak. Also look at the top plenum gasket. I have seen them fall inside when being installed.
Steve W.

I did not remove the plenum.
In article

The distributor has nothing to do with ignition timing.

1) Fuel pressure spec is 60-66 PSI That means you should have no less than 66 PSI KOEO, no less than 60 PSI KOER.
2) Clogged injectors (likely if you allowed the fuel to drain out of the injector assembly when you replaced the gaskets).
3) Distributor cap and rotor have to be Delco, no/none/zip/zilch/zero aftermarket brands work on this application

Look at it this weekend. Fuel pressure is OK
Codes I am getting are P0452, and P1335
tim wrote:

P0452 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input
P1335 - Crankshaft Positioning Sensing Circuit
--
Steve W.

Could this be the distributor is one tooth off in any one direction?
tim wrote:

NOPE. Crankshaft position sensor is not in the distributor. It is located in the front timing cover under the crankshaft.
The CAMshaft position sensor is in the distributor. However if the engine starts and runs and doesn't set a cam code then it is VERY close to correct. If it is off by one tooth either way you WILL set a cam code.
The 0452 code could be a bad tank sensor or a problem in the wiring. Not hard to test BUT the sensor is a PIA to get to with the tank installed.
--
Steve W.

I had the codes check today and it now shows two codes both the same P1345