HEAD GASKET LEAKING 2000 Saturn SL1 with 79K

During the annual safety inspection the service rep at the Dartmouth Saturn Dealer informed me the head gasket was leaking oil. I asked him if there was a service bulletin covering the repair costs (warranty). His reply was NO. After searching on the NET I see this is a common problem with Saturns. The Service Rep said it would cost 900.00 cdn to repair!! This doesn't seem right at all. I looked at the sticker on the drivers door and the date of manufacture was 12/99. Shouldn't this fall under the 90 model Saturns that GM acknowledeged a problem under a secret warranty. Any sugestions?

Reply to
Craig