headlights

on my hubbys 2002 diesel 4x4 chevy the headlights are coming on all by themselfs when the truck is off and its a pain in the butt. we are gone come home and the lights are on what is the matter with the lights i need help going crazy

Reply to
jen211811

If the taillights AREN'T on with those haunted headlights, it's probably the DRL module (that GM thinks is so wonderful).

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

GM's lighting control systems are overly complex (over-engineered). It could also be a switch in the emergency brake. Or, a switch in the transmission lever/linkage. Could be the ambient light sensor, etc. etc. The KISS principal was completely lost on whoever within GM designed the current systems.

Reply to
jcr