Headliner

I would like to recover my headliner in my 1991 buick park ave, I've left the sun roof open one to many times while it was raining out. Any how any
one know of a good online how-to? Or could make a recommendation about doing it.
Thanks. Dan.
-
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:06:23 -0400, Dan Brow

Two words you don't want to hear, but need to. Remove Windshield. Everything is easy after that.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:24:41 -0400, any name wrote:

I need to replace it anyway. So I guess I will have to do them both at the same time. Still need some kind of guide to help me do it right.
Thanks, Dan.
-
Remove the Windshield? That ain't what the book says. Remove the sun visors, overhead light assemblies, assist straps, roof / sail trim panels, coat hooks, door jamb opening moldings, windshield pillar moldings and the center pillar trim. All the trim around the door openings & roof have a steel pinch clip holding the trim on. Start at an edge and pull outward.
The headliner is held up by 1" X 4" heavy duty plastic velcro strips. Pull gently down on the headliner starting at the back window.
There are 3 or 4 velcro strips across the inside of the roof bows. They snap in the roof and the other piece is stapled to the backer board. The last row of velcro strips are about six inches in from the back window. Once you release the headliner from the third row of Velcro you can stick your arm between the roof & headliner to separate the center row. There are 3 maybe 4 rows of velcro strips, front middle & back.
Move both front seats forward and recline the backs all the way back. The headliner is removed through the right rear door.
You will have fun scrapping the headliner foam off the backer board. Make sure you clean it al off and remove all dust with an air hose.
Get at least 3 - 4 cans of GM Trim Adhesive ( specifically for foam backed headliners ).
You will need to cover both the backer board and the backside of the headliner.
You should also recover the roof sail panels in the corners of the roof.
Headliner material can be bought at JoAnne Fabrics. Hope they got the color you need.
Good luck
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:07:34 -0500, Harry Face wrote:

I would like to get it local (London, Ontario any one?), and if need be I would change to something that works with my gray leather, thinking about it not many colours would work.
Thanks for your help, I have the factory service manuals and didn't even think of looking at them. Feeling a little stupid at moment.
-