Heat Problems 86 Buick Park Ave

I have an 86 park Ave and I get heat when I accelerate. When the car is idling the car blows cold air out. Any suggestion why this could be happening.
Thanks Mike
Mike & Chris wrote:

The cooling system is probably low on coolant. Get the air out and fill it with coolant.

evaporater is plugged with debris dust dirt it is a common problem on older vehicles .
Jim.J