heater control problem

My 1995 buick lesabre custom heater control works when it wants to.It will work but sometimes when you push the buttons to turn on the heat or a/c I
hear a clicking sound coming from somewhere behind the glove box and the lights will flicker and then come on. The system will work for a while then may turn off or blow through the vents. Do I need to replace the control programmer or the control panel?

I'd guess the Custom has manual, slider controls. And I'd guess the control panel is NOT the culprit. Have you looked behind glove box to see if there's a relay back there? When one malfunctions, it sometimes has to hunt for enough voltage to actuate the load-circuit and its points vibrate & click. Describe symptoms to AutoZone & ask them to tell you if there is one under dash and where it's located; if there is one behind glove box, I'd try replacing it first. One brand they carry, Bosch, should be quality mdse. & should cost around $10-$15. HTH, s