Heater Core Replacement on 1990 Buick Wagon

I have a 1990 Buick wagon with smoke coming in the vents after the car heats up. I suppose it is the heater core. I don't want to spend big bucks getting it fixed at a garage.
Which is better -- adding leak repair or connecting inflow and outflow hoses to bypass core?
If I decide to fix this does anyone know how big a job it is on this model? Is it hard to get to and replace?
Thanks,
Bojangles
MrGBojangles wrote:

Bypass the core until you repair it. Which Buick wagon is it? Makes a difference in how bad the repair is.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Bypass.
The crap you put in to seal does not work in many cases and can clog an older radiator.
HOw true, I learned that lesson the hard way. Roy

Steve: 1990 Estate Wagon. thx Bojangles