heater problems

The heater in my '99 Chevy S-10 blows cold air. This creates quite a problem when it's 40 below zero (as it has been this week). My coolant level is good
and I just replaced the thermostat which wasn't the problem. The blower motor is working fine. Any suggestions? Could it be the control panel inside the truck? Should I flush or replace the heater core? I live 200 miles from the nearest service station and don't care to drive that far with no heat during an Alaskan winter!!! Please help....
AKcold wrote:

It can only be one of two things. Either the duct door that routes air through heater core is not working (either control unit or actuator) or the core is plugged. It is likely the first one because the core is always hot by design. (Check heater hoses going to it and confirm that they both are hot)
--

www.thesnoman.com