hei 4-wire connector (early '80s)

hello,
can anybody tell me if the distributor which has the connector with both keys pointing up is compatible with the connector with one key pointing up
and the other pointing out? obviously I'd have to modify the one connector key to plug them together, but do the wires go the same place then?
thanks, - george
George you need to be a little more specific and better at your description.
hotrodaddiction at tds dot net