Help - 1988 Cadillac Deville (electrical question)

Working on a 1988 Cadillac Deville/4.5L engine. My car won't start (failed the new California smog check. So I was trying to fix my car so it will pass on the retest. All of a sudden it won't start.) I'm trying
to track down the problem.
Does anyone have the electrical diagram for the HE1 ignition coil internals? The battery lead to the negative terminal shows 1 ohm resistance. High tension post to either battery or negative terminal shows no reading on the high ohm scale (200K scale). High tension post to ground lead shows 12K ohm.
Where does the ground lead tap into? Ground to battery or negative terminal shows no continuity reading?