Help: 1996 Grand Am A/C service port

A/C guru's:
I just bought this car and the A/C freon is gone from the system.
I am evacuating the system and pressure testing it.
However, the only service port that is visible in the engine compartment is the
high side port, located just between the radiator and the engine. Where is the low side connector? Does one exist?
If the low side is non existent, is the high side port used to load liquid refrigerant (inverted R134a can)?
TIA
Bill snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address
Look under the air cleaner

how about following the low pressure(big) line towards the back of the car on the passenger side..down low at the firewall if memory serves me right.... Bobo

Nope. The big line goes goes from the compressor and connects to a fitting on the firewall (that I assume is connected to the evaporator. There is no service port between the compressor and the firewall fitting.
I should have mentioned that it is a 2.4 DOHC, automatic, not a V6.
Bill

remove all "f"'s from address