Help: 1998 GMC Savana Day Van

When my road lights are off my brake light work and when i switch on my road lights the brake light dont work (when i press the brake pedal) Cheers Ash

Have you checked that your brake lights are properly grounded?
See if someone has added trailer hitch wiring incorrectly (that is often a source new and interesting lighting issues).
Also check to see if you're getting a good voltage & ground at the terminals (best starting point).
Let us know what you find.
"Full_Name" wrote: > On 16 Oct 2004 10:59:38 -0400, ashbhp
> wrote: > > >When my road lights are off my brake light work and when i > switch on > >my road lights the brake light dont work (when i press the > brake > >pedal) > >Cheers > >Ash > > Have you checked that your brake lights are properly grounded? > > See if someone has added trailer hitch wiring incorrectly > (that is > often a source new and interesting lighting issues). > > Also check to see if you're getting a good voltage & ground at > the > terminals (best starting point). > > Let us know what you find.
Problem solved, the earth in the bulb holder was burnt out, now are these available from GMC By the way i live in the UK

Great to hear.
Sorry to hear that you've got to pay UK fuel prices to keep that baby running. I used to wince filling my POS S40 over there. I'd hate to be paying your fuel bills.
"Full_Name" wrote: > On 21 Oct 2004 14:39:46 -0400, ashbhp
> wrote: > > >&lt;snip&gt; > > > >Problem solved, the earth in the bulb holder was burnt out, > now are > >these available from GMC > >By the way i live in the UK > > > > Great to hear. > > Sorry to hear that you've got to pay UK fuel prices to keep > that baby > running. > I used to wince filling my POS S40 over there. I'd hate to be > paying > your fuel bills.
Yes a full tank is $120 lol

I'd hate to think what it'll cost to fill when Iran and Venezuela get "liberated".
With luck though the next gov't will lower fuel taxes. It's nice seeing & hearing of full size vehicles over in the UK.