Help: 88 Chevy Suburban 5.7L 4W Vehicle Speed Sensor

Hi,
Can you tell me where the Vehicle Speed Sensor is in this vehicle? My aftermarket manual conflicts with itself. In one place it says it is a sensor on the transmission. In another, it says it is a sensor on the back
of the speedometer. Which is correct?
tia