HELP: 88 Deville 4.5L V* exhaust manifold

1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 4.5L V8

I am installing new heads on block. When removing the exhaust manifolds, there were no exhaust manifold to head gaskets. The new Fel-Pro gasket kit has manifold gaskets included. Should I instll them?

TIA

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You should indeed. Prevents minor leaks from happening. I recommend copper gaskets, but the ones on FelPro kit are just fine. Btw was there _any_ material between the heads and the exhaust manifolds? Silicon or something?

-T

Reply to
Tero Huikko

-t,

Hard to tell, but was probably silicon powder. The Felpro gaskets are aluminum on one side and cardboard on the other. I assume the aluminum goes on the head side, right?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

-T

Oops. The aluminum side goes on exhaust header side. I just aw the edge cuts that match the hearder edges. Thanks for the help.

Bill

Reply to
Bill