Help: 89 Cavalier Windshield Leak

         1989 R/T Cavalier wagon. Windshield leaks around the top. There is a plastic or metal peice that inserts between the windshield and the
body frame. How dose that insert come out. Thanks.
Warren
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Small clips hold it in place. It would easily pop out if it was not for the windshield sealer that has now glued the strip in place. Try heating it and prying slowly.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

entry around the glass and moulding. Be very careful with any tools around the glass. A simple nick can result in a stress crack that can show up in a week or so. You say you have a windshield leak. What you know for sure is that water is coming in around the window area. With the age of the vehicle, it is possible to have rust holes in the body near the window that allow rain and condensation to enter. When I say "holes in the body" I am including the inner shell of the roof that you could only see by removing the headliner. And that's another approach to the problem, working from the inside out.
The car only has 32K on it. No rust at all, garaged. We live in NC so there is very little chances of rust. Looks like it is leaking around the top. Just wanted to be careful around the windshield, like you said one little chip and it is over. I'm going to try the heat and lift thing. Thanks.
Warren

Acid rain is a big problem in your state.
I had a similar problem with a leak at the top of my trucks' windshield. I used silicon along the top and sides.....leak gone! This was 6yrs ago....leak still gone!
Dave S(Texas)