help: 96 Geand Am A/C: is there a filter in this system?

It has the V5 compressor, and thermal expansion valve. Is there a replaceable filter somewhere in this system?

TIA Bill snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address

Reply to
Bill

Well, the orifice tube has a fine mesh screen built in & the receiver-dryer is there to remove any moisture. A/C suppliers do sell filters that could be spliced into your system I suppose. Why do you think you need one??

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

!@#$%

The reciever dryer is your filter it removes contaminents also water. It couldn,t run without one.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

I just didn't know if one existed in this system. When I bought the car the AC didn't work. So I replaced all the O rings and the shaft seal on the compressor, then pressure tested, . If a filter existed I would have replaced that too for good measure. AC is up and running cold now.

Thanks.