Help: 96 Grand Am axel slop

1996 Pontiac Grand Am, 2.4L DOCH, automatic
Gentlemen,
The inner CV joint on the right side can be moved by grabbing the joint with my hand and shaking back and forth. I pulled the axel and the CV joint is fine. It
is the inner splined female sleeve and/or the guide sleeve in the transmission that is causing the slop.
Can these parts in the tranny be replaced without a complete teardown of the tranny?
Has anyone else come across this problem in their repair business?
TIA Bill snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address