Help-Gas guage 93 Buick Century 6cyl

My son picked up a 93 Buick Century with 46,000 miles. Clean car, runs well, well maintained. The only thing wrong with it is that the gas guage is not registering properly. Is there a way to see if it is the
sender in the tank or the dash guage itself? Thanks
sanpablo wrote:

Use a 100 ohm pot. 90 ohms = full. zero ohms = empty.
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:10:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (sanpablo) wrote:

Would I be able to see if the gauge works by attaching a wire from the plug at the tank sender to ground?
sanpablo wrote:

90 ohms = full. zero ohms = empty.