Help!!I need to tune up the 350 engine in a 1990 Suburban

Folks, it has been 5 years since I had the old 1990 Suburban tuned up, and it needs a tune up again. Does anyone have any advice regarding what brand/type of plugs to use? Should I use some sort of anti-seize
grease on the plug threads when I put the new plugs in, and some silicon dialectric grease into the new wires? What other advice do you all have for doing a tune up for this old engine? It runs like new (except it stutters a little bit now, as it really needs a tune up) and doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil. We have 311000 on it now, and I hope to get another 150,000 out of it before it gets retired. I am a little afraid of messing around with the distributor cap, but I will go slowly and hopefully it will come off and the new one will go on easily. Any advice/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated regarding any tips on doing a tune up on the old Suburban, thanks in advance, Richard
Plugs - I would use the plug type and gap that the MFG. suggests. Wires - I would go with 8mm or 8.5mm
I always use a little anti seize on the threads, just so they come out a little easier the next time. Just make sure you use sensor safe anti seize as others may cause problems latter on with any computer sensors. I don't think with a 1990 you need to worry as much or at all. I usually put a small dab of dielectric grease on both ends of the wires.
Snow...