Help: Intrigue randomly shuts off while driving

Got a 1999 Old Intrigue. The car will seemingly at random shut off. It happens when the car is warm or cold, but more often when it is cold. It doesn't seem to be ambient temperature related. It also
will happen, and has happened, at any speed, which is rather frightening. I took it to a mechanic, but they were not able to retrieve any codes.
Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas on what may be wrong?
This may be related, but sometimes when starting the car nothing happens. That is, when the key is turned to "Start", the car does not start, or even power anything in the vehicle as is passes through "Acc".
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (O'erclockd Proc) wrote:

Crankshaft position sensor is the common cause of the starting problem.

Thanks for the info!
Can anyone take a stab at why the car will just shut off while driving?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (O'erclockd Proc) wrote:

The problems may be related. I'd have that replaced, and see if the shutoff problem still occurs. The odds are that the one problem is causing the other...

Thanks for the info!
Can anyone take a stab at why the car will just shut off while driving?
It sounds like it's a loose connection, probably at the battery but check all the connections, the thick red & black cables, trace them down.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
Sorry about the multiple posting...I did not think this post had posted.
On 23 Nov 2004 18:44:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (O'erclockd Proc) wrote:

igniton switch.
Regards, Al.
O'erclockd Proc wrote:

intermittent crank sensor.
Control module figures that if engine is not turning over why send spark and fuel.
Good luck hope this helps