HELP my speedometer stopped working!..... Check gauges light comes on????

This is a 1994 Chevy Caviler with a 4 cyl. auto trans. and has over 96k. Would anyone have any idea why the speedometer would stop working? The strange thing about it is that the check gauges light comes on and seems to be related to the speedometer not working? This leads my to believe it may not be the speedometer cable? If you think it may be some sort of cable trouble please let me know how to check it but more importantly were the dam thing is.

TIA Greg

Reply to
pnsman64

Speedo is probly electronic with NO cable. Yes, if speedo quits, the check gauges lite comes on--computer needs speedo info to process some functions. Check fuses and check for loose wire connections around transmission. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Thanks for the reply, I was unaware of this. I will look into it ASAP

Greg

Reply to
pnsman64