help on rubber bushings

Can someone tell me or all of us what do you use to keep all the rubber bushings from sqeeking and rotting suspensen bushing that is should i use oil or greese or is there some thing else better to use
cause i figure oil and greese would make them swell and become to soft. True or not true?

NAPA sells a lubricant for rubber bushings. I use it when I install new ones. I apply it to the outer surface, and to the bolt(s) Charles

Silicone spray lubricant is very good at stopping rubber squeaks and protecting the rubber from ozone and the elements. The only drawbacks are that it needs to be applied fairly often(at least every oil change or 3000mi) and you don't want to spray it on an area that you may want to paint. H

Get Poly bushings from Jegs, they never rot.