Help on timing

Hi Guys... I have an old ('85?) Chevy 350 engine. I put a new distributor on it and I lost the mark on the old one. What should the spark advance be when it is
idling at 700 rpm? I have it set now at 12 degrees but that was just a wild guess. Many thanks for any help..... Bruce
Hello. With Auto Tranny I'd say 4 degrees BTDC at idle is spec. -JS
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Bruce"