help please electronic odometer is broken

I have a 1994 Chevy Caprice with an electronic dash. My odometer mileage for the last year has jumped around constantly reading anywhere from 0-999,999
miles. Recently the speedometer will blank out for short periods then resume showing my MPH.Any ideas on what is responsible for this and what the repair would be? Thanks