Help - Rear Disc Caliper Piston Not Bottoming

A little help is desperately needed here....
I am replacing the rear pads on a 1994 Buick Regal with Delco- Morraine single piston calipers.
I cannot get the piston to budge... a quick look at a chiltons manuals says to
remove the piston adjustment lever, ( the return spring has already been removed) but that lever refuses to budge even with the use of a gear puller. So I'm wondering if I'm doing this correctly. Any help would be appreciated !! Thanks !!
Peter

There's a specific tool for "turning" the piston back in to the bore. That being said the, '90 to '94 GM W body cars have always had problems with the emergency brake threaded assembly locking up in the caliper. I've gotten to where on my '94 Z34 I just get reconditioned calipers when I need pads.
HTH
Brian
Thanks !!! Finally got it freed up..... rotation is clockwise, but it wouldn't budge there for a while. In this instance following Chiltons was a complete disaster.
Your advice about the loaded calipers sounds better...might try it next time !!!
Thanks !!!

If you remove the parking brake lever the piston will push in quite easily. No need to rotate, the shaft that the parking brake lever bolts to will turn on it's own.
Steve

That
the
I couldn't get the lever off.... even with a gear puller. btw this is what chilton's recommended also !! Rather than risk damaging anything I rotated the piston, (another recommended method). However, when another opportunity comes up, I'll try removing the parking brake lever and see how it works !!!
Well, learned a lot of new stuff today.... and thanks for helping me out... it was getting kinda frustrating there for awhile.
Thanks again
Peter

you have to screw the piston in it is a tool for sale you could get it at any auto parts but a good pair of long nose pliers will do, if yo look at the piston has 2 notches, open the plyers and start srewing in the piston good luck.