Help unlock my GM radio

Page 2 of 2

Personal attacks. Oh boy you're a winner. How about you read what you write and get your thoughts and arguments straight because you sure are confused.

Oh ok so you're accusing me of something you had been doing the entire time. Ok sure you can play that way but no one else can. You say one thing then contradict yourself. Oh its labor and marketing blah blah blah that makes it 700 bucks. No wait its markup. No wait its because insurance companies pay for it. Make up your mind.

You can justify the cost all you want. The fact remains there is still no "justification" for GM's markups. I'm simply saying if I or my insurance company is going to be paying those kinds of prices it had better as hell be made here in the states otherwise GM can go screw themselves and that is where "THEY" get hammered. Because NO ONE in their right mind would want to deal with them with that kind of pricing.

They dont ship that s$#@ out of the country to pay anything higher than that! Yes I do know by reason of logic what they pay for that stuff. Like I said my dad worked for GM. His plant made brake pads among other things. Delphi sells them to GM for 4 bucks a set, GM sells them to dealers or who the heck ever and then dealers sell them for $75 bucks. You tell me, do you think it cost them more than 100 bucks for that radio made in mexico? Think again. I can buy any other aftermarket american made brake pads for 30 bucks. Again GM hurts themselves because they push themselves out of the market for anyone with half a common since. Instead of just trying to make 25 bucks off of brake pads they try to make 70 bucks. If you were to try and buy a car part by part you wouldnt get 1/20th of a car before you went over msrp. Insurance doesnt pay for broken radios, they dont pay for brake pads, they dont pay for rotors so why would insurance justify any of that? It DOESNT! And that was your whole point which was bunk to begin with. But of course we dont know what your point was. Who could... However my point was in case you keep missing it - NOTHING JUSTIFIES THOSE PRICES!

Great, I dont want to hear your crap anymore.

The correct answer is CORPORATE GREED!
Why does a designer shirt made in Bangalore cost $200.00 when the slave labor sewing it is getting 50 cents a day?
Think about it, with all of the off shoring of American jobs to 15th world nations (at the moment anyway), has anyone seen the price of any major goods go DOWN? Electronics is about the only thing I can think of and that's only because the technology to manufacture the goods has improved. What about the trickle down theory of economics where the mega corporations like IBM/GM/GE get tax breaks from the federal and state govts so that they can keep costs low and save jobs? That's a joke if ever there was one.
Anyone seen the cost of cars lately?
The CEO's and boards of directors are crying poverty, taking the tax breaks and shipping the work oversea's for cheap labor costs. Then when the company is in the dumper and people's lives are ruined they grab their golden parachutes and retire to Tahiti.
My friends, if things continue, the USA will be well on it's way toward a dual class society where there is only upper class and lower class.
The middle class will be gone and so will our *super nation* status as countries like China, India, Pakistan and others slowly and methodically build up their technology and workforce and out design and out sell us. And the real joke is, we are funding them right now.

no, they aren't often stolen because theives know they suck compared to almost any aftermarket unit...
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
munir wrote:

You should try one of the newer premium sound systems on a new GM car.
---Bob Gross---
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:40:42 -0500, "James C. Reeves"

wants to keep it. My wife's uncle had his side window smashed in NYC for the purpose of stealing one filthy ripped glove he left on the floor. The bastards will do a $1000 worth of damage to your car if they think they can steal something worth a dollar.
| >| I cleaned my battery terminals and now I have LOC on the display. I got | >| codes 942 955 using the 2/3 and AM/FM. We have a 99 Olds Alero. Can someone | >| help with our code? | > | >Curious why GM locks their radios. Surely the factory radios aren't stolen | >that often, are they? | > | A confirmed thief will steal anything and then later determine if he | wants to keep it. My wife's uncle had his side window smashed in NYC | for the purpose of stealing one filthy ripped glove he left on the | floor. The bastards will do a $1000 worth of damage to your car if | they think they can steal something worth a dollar.
That being the case, how then does putting a software lock on the radio stop those types of thieves? Based on this they'll steal it anyway.

(thief) "Ooooh look, it has "theft-loc" it must be an expensive stereo, even if it's in a Pontiac"
or as Offspring put it:
That car looked so tempting so easy to drive Just like that apartment that you burglarized You started to run but didn't get far 'cause under your arm was a VCR....
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)