Help: Why doesn't my heater blower work?

I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. The heater blower motor only works in the #4 position. There is no blower in #1, #2, or #3 position. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Rebecca Chua Enriquez

Yes, my girlfriends car did this - it was a ballast resistor, or some sort of a resistor that has to do with the blower motor circuit.

I think it was a cheap 20-30 dollar part, and cost about an hour of labor.

-mar

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Yes its the blower resistors. When your on "High" voltage doesnt go through any of them.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Re: Help: Why doesn't my heater blower work? Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Mon, Jan 12, 2004, 7:48pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@m.b.gone (Bon=B7ne=B7ville) In article , snipped-for-privacy@emc.com says... Rebecca Chua Enriquez wrote: I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. The heater blower motor only works in the #4 position. There is no blower in #1, #2, or #3 position. Any suggestions? Yes, my girlfriends car did this - it was a ballast resistor, or some sort of a resistor that has to do with the blower motor circuit. I think it was a cheap 20-30 dollar part, and cost about an hour of labor.

-mar Yes its the blower resistors. When your on "High" voltage doesnt go through any of them.

Yes its the resistor very common ....GM has a new resistor that dont go out as much...But for some reason they still do....Dont let them charge you more than a half an hour...It only takes someone who knows what they are doing around 20 mins Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Hello:

Where are those "resistors" located? Could I possibly replace them? Would a good auto parts store know what I am talking about? Thanks guys!

Re: Help: Why doesn't my heater blower work?

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Mon, Jan 12, 2004, 7:48pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@m.b.gone (Bon·ne·ville) In article , snipped-for-privacy@emc.com says... Rebecca Chua Enriquez wrote: I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. The heater blower motor only works in the #4 position. There is no blower in #1, #2, or #3 position. Any suggestions? Yes, my girlfriends car did this - it was a ballast resistor, or some sort of a resistor that has to do with the blower motor circuit. I think it was a cheap 20-30 dollar part, and cost about an hour of labor.