help with a 1999 buick century custom

I have a 1999 buick century ccustom that keeps overheating then goes back to normal. Tis does this several times during the course of a trip. I keep fluids in it. when it starts to overheat it makes like a few slow bubbling
noises or something to that effect. then it gets hot and after about 5 minutes it goes back to normal. I think its the heater core. could someone tell me if thats what it could be and if so where is the heater core located? Thanks in advance
The 3.1L V-6 used in this and other GM products has a history of leaking intake manifold gaskets. It could also be air trapped in the system. Have you recently has the cooling system flushed or drained and refilled for any reason?
Roger

www.4yourholes.com wrote in alt.autos.gm

Sounds like you have air in the system. As the air moves through the cooling system it gets to the heater core you can hear it. You need to bleed it out. Park on a hill so that the radiator cap is higher than the rest of engine. Remove the radiator cap and run the engine. You will need to make sure it is warmed up, keep the radiator filled with water or water/antifreeze mixture. when the radiator levels quits dropping put the cap on and go. Or take it to a shop to have it checked.

--
Dick #1349